If you want to install Workflow Manager 1.0 on servers without internet connectivity, you will run into problems with the Web Platform Installer, the only tool Workflow Manager 1.0 can be installed with.
The good news is, there is a command line tool of Web Platform Installer, where you can download the installation files and all of its dependencies to a internet accessible machine, move it over to one of your servers and install it in offline mode.
Take the following steps to do so:
- Download the WebPICMD.exe Package from the MS Downloadcenter and unzip it to a folder (C:\WebPICMD\WebPICMD.exe in our case)
- Open a Command Prompt, navigate to the folder you extracted the tool and execute the following command:
WebpiCmd.exe /Offline /Products:WorkflowManager /Path:D:\Temp\WorkflowManager\
This will initiate a download with all the related components into the provided folder.
- Copy the WebPICMD.exe to the server where you want to install the WorkflowManager 1.0, in our example to D:\Temp\WebPICMD\WebPICMD.exe
- Copy the downloaded files to your server where you want to install the WorkflowManager 1.0, in our example to D:\Temp\WorkflowManager
- Open a Command Prompt, navigate to the folder you copied the WebPICMD.exe tool and execute the following command:
WebPICMD.exe /Install /Products:WorkflowManager
/Log:./WorkflowManager.log /Xml:file:///D:\Temp\WorkflowManager\feeds\shadow-webproductlist.xmlThis will initiate the installation of the Workflow Manager 1.0 and its dependencies. The outcome of the installation will be logged to the WorkflowManager.log file. The above line will suppress reboots and will accept the license terms automatically.
A log file will be created at the following path, where you can see the process and the warnings/errors/information about the installation:
%localappdata%\microsoft\web platform installer\logs\webpicmd
I will try to cover the automatic install and configuration of the Workflow Manager 1.0 via PowerShell in one of the next posts.
If you want to install on Windows Server 2008 R2, make sure you have SP1 installed. Otherwise, the Setup will exit without anything to install. Have a look at the Minimum System Requirements.